This listing is for Tend Skin Liquid 4 Ounce Bottle.
INGROWN HAIR: Beat Ingrown Hair in as little as 48 hours. Men and women suffer from ingrown hairs. Men get ingrown hairs on their beard, neck and scalp areas. Women get them after hair removal from shaving, waxing, electrolysis or laser on their legs, bikini lines, and underarms.
SHAVING / WAXING / ELECTROLYSIS: A thin coat of Tend Skin® Liquid is all you need. Don’t overdo it, especially after waxing, electrolysis or laser hair removal which are all “surgical” procedures; tissue is “torn” or “burned” during these treatments. Raw tissue is subject to stinging when almost anything contacts it.
DO NOT TWEEZE: Tweezing will tear and damage the follicles unlike waxing where proper technique minimizes damage. This can increase the formation of ingrown hairs.
What causes ingrown hairs and razor bumps?
- These problems for the most part result from a combination of various hair removal procedures and the genetic nature of an individual’s hair thickness, wiriness, and tendency to curl. They can occur naturally as well.
- When a hair removal procedure cuts the hair off below the skin surface such as waxing and electrolysis, the result will most likely be an ingrown hair.
- When the hair is cut above the skin surface, likely a razor bump will form.
- Ingrown hairs also form from above-skin hair removal depending on how close to the skin surface the hair is cut and the genetic factors.
Ingrown hairs and razor bumps are similar; however they have much in common. Both conditions involve the location of a hair or part of a hair below the skin surface. This causes the familiar redness, irritation, and skin bumping. This is the same reaction the skin has to an ordinary splinter under the skin. The body reacts to this “foreign” object and is in fact called a “foreign body reaction” It causes redness, swelling and often an infection.
The subject of razor bumps and ingrown hairs often brings to mind irritation, skin redness, and appearance issues. The questions, though, are always the same. What can I do about these problems?
Try Tend Skin Liquid.
- All you need to is wipe it on twice a day, before sleep and in the morning after showering, drying and shaving.
- Be sure the skin is dry before applying as it will work longer.
- This product requires undisturbed time on the skin to be effective so if you wash it off or get the area wet, you will need to dry and reapply.